September 04, 2017
04Don’t you hate that feeling that you forgotten to pack something important? Whether you’re a frequent business traveller or just going for an overnight stay. Business travel can be stressful. Keeping a list of essential items for a business trip can be handy. Luckily, we have created the perfect list of 12 essentials to pack before a business trip.
1. Business cards: You never know when you will meet someone important. But if you really want to be clever, you can carry some spare business cards that belong to your colleagues. Allowing you to refer them to new contacts also.
2. Breath mints: You don’t want to pass that business card with smelly breath. To make sure your breath is extra minty, chew breath mints at regular intervals and after meals. But, never chew them during a pitch or meeting, as this can be seen as disrespectful.
3. Pre-made name badge: Make sure you have a laminated name badge for yourself, which includes your name, title, and company. This way you don’t have to worry about not having or badge or even worse, having one with your name misspelt.
4. Office stationery: Basic stationery items, such as pens, pencil, notebooks, and an envelope to keep any receipts or important documents are really important. Be sure to have some spare pens at hand just in case the one you’re using runs out.
5. Two pairs of shoes: You might need more for an extended trip, but two should be enough for a short business trip. Make sure you have a comfortable pair for walking around in during the day and a more fancy pair for dinner with clients in the evening.
6. Basic bottoms, few tops/shirts, and a jacket: Along with your shoes, you will need some basic clothing. This could include dark coloured trousers or skirt, along with 2 or 3 shirts and a jacket or blazer. Remember to stick to neutral coloured clothing as they are easier to mix and match. And don’t forget underwear, socks, and pyjamas to sleep in.
7. USB flash drive: Keep any important presentations and reports at your fingertips by keeping them in a handy USB stick.
8. Laptop or Tablet: A laptop or tablet is really important to have. You don’t want to get stuck using a system or computer that you are not familiar with in another country.
9. Travel size toiletries: Save time by packing essential toiletries, such as shampoo, hair spray, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, soap and shaving products. Remember that to take liquids and gels in your carry-on luggage, they must be in containers that hold 3.4 ounces or less, all of which must fit in one quart-sized clear bag.
10. Phone charger: You might want to take both your wall and car charger with you. Just in case you end up renting a car at your final destination.
11. Portable battery pack: So that your laptop or phone never run out of juice, keep a fully charged external battery charger with you at all times.
12. Carry-on luggage with four wheels: All of the above items should be able to fit into a handy carry-on bag. Saving you the extra bag fees and making everything easier to carry.
Never forget anything important again by following our list of 12 essentials to pack before a business trip. Planning on booking a business trip? Please contact our team of travel experts at United Travel for some friendly support on business travel.
Share your best business travel moment using the hashtag #UTBusinessTravel on social media.